Congratulations to our New Students!
You're officially a St Joes Cadet, welcome to the family! This page is your "one-stop-shop" for all you need to know as new students entering St Joseph High School. Below is a checklist for you to follow and there is more information on each item in the appropriate sections of this New Students webpage.
*Please note that some forms and information will not be available until early April.
As always don't hesitate to contact the Admissions office at 203-378-9378 if you have any further questions!
The New Student Checklist
1.) Mark Your Calendars (see the Calendar Tab)
- Parent Meeting (optional, parents only) - March 29
- Student & Parent Orientation - May 17 (6:30-8:30PM) *mandatory for students and parents
- Math and World Language Placement Exams (optional, prerequisite required) - June 15, June 17
- Uniform Swap - June 17
- Welcome Week - Aug 28 - Sept 1
- New Student Day - Aug 29 (Freshmen and Transfer Students, Noon Dismissal)
- Freshmen/Sophomore First Day - Aug 30
- Junior/Senior First Day - Aug 31
- First Full Day for All Students - Sept 1
- See the calendar for highlighted fall events
*Start dates are subject to change before the summer
2.) Finalize tuition payment options and agreement paperwork (see Forms Tab; contact Joanne Rodgerson email@example.com for further questions and information, all tuition agreements will be mailed in early April and must be returned by May 1)
3.) Send us your medical forms and final transcripts from your current school (see Forms Tab)
4.) Review your class schedule and take your Placement Exams in June (see Schedules and Placement Exams Tab)
5.) Complete your summer reading assignment and review the summer course selections and sports camps. (see Summer Reading and Summer Institute Tab)
6.) Order your iPad if you do not already own one (see Technology Tab)
7.) Sign up for a bus route or carpool service (see Transportation Tab)
8.) Review the SJ Dress Code and shop for your school uniform. (see School Community Tab)
9.) Start recording your community service hours (see School Community Tab)
10.) Get connected and get involved! See the club, activities, and “go-to” people at St Joes (see Get Connected and Involved Tab).