Student Council is an organization of students and faculty moderators that work for the general welfare of the school by promoting school morale, spirit and cooperation between the student body, the faculty and administration.
Senior Advisor, Mrs. Colleen Piatak
Junior Advisor, Dr. Bob Marino
Sophomore Advisor, Mr. Vic Eng
Freshman Advisor, Mr. Greg Semplice
Advisor, Mrs. Nancy Lessard
Saint Joseph High School Student Council 2012-2013
President- Matthew Immerso
Vice President- Troy Deering
Senior Class President-Robert Roehrich
Preamble (from the St. Joseph High School Student Council Constitution):
We, the students of St. Joseph High School, fully aware of our responsibility to God, our Country, and St. Joseph High School, in order to provide for student welfare, to encourage the necessary cooperation and understanding between the students, faculty, and the administration, in accordance with the powers delegated to us by the Administration of St. Joseph High School do hereby ordain,and establish this constitution for the Student Council of St. Joseph High School.
Purposes of the Student Council are (Article II):
- to serve as a Student Government, by advising the administration of the school in matters directly or indirectly related to the welfare of students of the school community as a whole and to provide a forum for student expression.
- to establish greater unity in the school by encouraging cooperation and understanding between the student body, the faculty and the administration.
- to promote the general welfare of the school, safeguard its reputation and preserve its tradition. to develop attitudes of, and practices in, good citizenship and Christianity.
- to improve school morale and spirit
- to establish and provide orderly direction for school activities.
Student Council Events Include:
|Assisting the Freshman on the first day of school
||Student Council Elections
|School Dances ( Snowball, Homecoming, etc. )
|Donation of food to the needy
||Decorating the school for Christmas
|Junior Ring Breakfast
||Student Council Induction Ceremony
||Spirit Week Activities
|Homecoming Assembly and Breakfast
|Halloween Costume Contest
||" Decade " Dress Down Day
|Faculty Appreciation Day
||Valentine's Day Flower Sale