Virtual High School
St Joseph High School offers Advanced Placement courses in collaboration with The Virtual High School, a nonprofit organization based in Maynard, Massachusetts, which serves as a portal through which schools and teachers throughout the world offer online courses. Our partnership with VHS allows us to expand our AP course offerings to provide students with the most challenging and extensive academic curriculum possible taught by certified teachers in accredited schools
- Mr Scott Clough Assistant Principal for Curriculum and Instruction
- (203) 378-9378 x 301
VHS online AP courses present a rigorous curriculum and are best suited for independent, self-motivated students. Students who are successful at taking online courses must be organized, independent learners, who can advocate for themselves when a problem arises.
Students may consider VHS AP courses that are not currently offered at St Joseph High School and are relevant to the student’s intended major or career path.
- Students must apply to take a VHS course by submitting:
- An application for enrollment
- An interview with the Assistant Principal for Curriculum and Instruction
Approval to enroll in an online VHS class will be made by the Assistant Principal.
- Course grades are posted on student report cards, transcripts and factor into honor roll status and cumulative GPA. Please note, the passing grade for VHS courses is 60, however, St Joseph High School students must earn a 65 to earn a passing grade and credit. See the VHS information on Plus Portals for further requirements.