What costume would you wear to bring Greek Gods & Goddesses to life? Do you know how to analyze or draw a Graphic Novel? What would you say if you had to defend Victor Frankenstein at trial?
St. Joseph High School's English Department presents students with a challenging curriculum that focuses on reading, writing, and critical-thinking skills. The English curriculum includes a four-year literature-based program to assist in the development of excellence in writing and speaking skills, learning to critically analyze challenging literature and original source texts, as well as building vocabulary and grammar skills. We employ 21st century technology to promote media literacy and to develop students who are prepared to communicate effectively in an ever-changing world.
"The Literature we read and study has given me a greater appreciation for different authors and genres. I love the way they challenge us and ask us to think of others' experiences."Victoria '21
- Academic Writing & Language Skills
- American Literature
- British Literature
- Broadcast Journalism
- Creative Writing
- World Literature & Composition
- Senior English: Literature and War
- Senior English: Literature and War/Short Story
- Senior English: Shakespeare’s Comedies and Tragedies
- Senior English: Sports Literature and Writing/Science Fiction Literature
- Senior English: Women in Literature/Multicultural Literature
- AP English Language & Composition
- AP English Literature & Composition