Senior Internship Program
The Senior Internship Program is an opportunity for students to enhance their learning by exploring their career interests outside of the traditional classroom. The goal of the program is for students to gain experience in their desired fields and obtain a favorable referral or recommendation from their site that will assist in procuring future internships.
Students participate in a 3-week, unpaid internship during the last few weeks of the academic year.
- Internships consist of 20-25 hours per week.
- Students are matched with available internships in their skill and interest areas. They may also self-design their own internship and apply for approval.
Site Supervisors provide a meaningful learning opportunity for interns comprised of activities such as:
- Assisting professionals as they perform specialized tasks
- Attending in-house and/or on-site meetings
- Observing and aiding with project planning and execution
- Collaborating with professionals on projects using relevant software
- Experiences that provide exposure to multiple aspects of the career field
Site supervisors must sign off on weekly timesheets with performance feedback, stay in contact with the faculty mentor for progress monitoring, and complete a letter of recommendation for the intern at the end of the program.