We are now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 (Class of 2024) school year for rolling admission.
St Joseph High School Seeks Applicants Who…
- Reflect performance, conduct and effort that meet SJHS Criteria as evidenced by testing results and grade reports
- Choose to take responsibility in their actions and efforts both inside and outside the classroom
- Want to join a supportive environment of academic achievement and personal development
- Understand and value a co-educational community developing intellectual, spiritual, and civic leaders
- Are willing to participate in our programs and activities
- Seek to share their talents with our community through extracurricular programs and activities
St Joseph High School admits students of any race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin. Students and parents should realize that St Joseph High School is a highly competitive college preparatory high school and not all applicants can be accepted. In order to be considered for admission, a student must apply following the established guidelines.
- Freshman (Class of 2024)
- Transfer Students (Classes 2023, 2022, 2021)
- International Students (Classes 2024, 2023, 2022)
Entering Grade 9 (Class of 2024)
Step 1: Complete and submit your online application and the following materials by November 11, 2019. (*Applications completed after November 11, will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
- Freshmen Online Application (click here)
- Application Fee: $50 (includes the exam if taken at St Joes)
- Report cards for 7th, 8th grades (an interim report is acceptable for current school year) Please submit a Records Release Form to your current school to release your report cards to St Joes.
- Two Recommendation Forms (English Teacher and Math Teacher - available via the online application or download a paper copy here.
- Entrance Exam Results (See Step 2)
Step 2: High School Placement Exam (HSPT). All new students must take an entrance exam. If you apply to St Joes, your application fee includes the entrance exam taken at SJ ($50). Sign up on the Entrance Exam Registration page after applying.
- First Exam: October 26, 2019 (7:30am-12:00pm)
- Second Exam: November 9, 2019 (7:30am-12:00pm)
- Third Exam: TBD
- The exam is a one-time test. Test takers can send their results to the Diocesan high schools to which they are applying.
- Contact the Admissions Team to learn more at 203-378-9378 ext 452.
Step 3: The 2019-2020 Financial Aid forms are made available in October 2019 and must be submitted by November 11, 2019 for an applicant to be considered for need-based aid. Please note: To complete your FACTS application, 2018 Tax Documents must be submitted via your online FACTS application. Applications received after the date are not guaranteed financial aid and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Step 4: Decision Letters will be mailed on December 13 (if application is completed by November 11). Scholarship, Financial Aid and Placement information will be included in this package (if all documents have been received by deadline).
Step 5: Respond by February 3, 2020 with registration confirmation fee of $1,000 to save your spot in the Class of 2024.
Entering Grades 10, 11 (Classes 2023, 2022)
Step 1: Transfer students entering grades 9 and 10 may apply for both fall and spring semester start. Transfer students entering grade 11, may only be accepted for fall semester start. Complete and submit your online application and the following materials:
- Transfer Online Application
- Report cards from the past two school years
- A letter of recommendation from an Administrator or Guidance Counselor
- Standardized Test Results (i.e. CMT, PSAT, etc.)
- Submit a Records Release Form to your current school to release the necessary school documents listed above (report cards, recommendation, test results).
Step 2: Transfer applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. A mandatory interview is scheduled after review of application documents.
Step 3: Decision Letters will be mailed on a rolling basis to meet the needs of our applicants.
Step 4: Accepted students must respond with enrollment deposit. Contact Joanne Rodgerson (203) 378-9378 x310 to start payment.
Step 5: Upon acceptance, transfer students are assigned a student mentor and a specific guidance counselor to provide orientation and aid in school transition.
St Joseph High School is pleased to offer admissions to International Students, and encourages all to share the experiences of secondary education, and life in America. At St Joes, we value the rich diversity of cultural experience that international students bring to our institution. We currently have students representing China and South Korea. We welcome students from other countries as well.
Important: All international applicants must apply through an approved international student agency. Please contact (203) 378-9378 x452 for more information.
International Student Application Process
Step 1: International students can apply for the fall semester, grades 9-11. Complete and submit an online application and the following materials (through the international student agency):
- International Online Application (via agency)
- English and Math teacher recommendations
- Report cards from the past two school years
- Copy of valid passport
- Submit the TOEFL Junior Standard (9th grade) or TOEFL Standard Test (10th, 11th grades) (http://www.ets.org/toefl_junior/contact/standard)
- A mandatory Skype interview will be scheduled with the Director of Enrollment.
Step 2: Every international student is responsible for locating a host family vetted through their third party agency. The student/family/agent will be notified with an Acceptance Letter from the school admissions office after the actions in Step One are completed and the qualifications of the student are evaluated.
International Student Enrollment Process
Upon receiving an acceptance letter, the following items are necessary before attending classes at St Joseph High School:
- A student is not enrolled until a $1,000 deposit is sent to our bursar, Joanne Rodgerson (203) 378-9378 x310 or email@example.com
- A tuition agreement must be completed and returned to the Bursar by the person responsible for the student’s tuition. Tuition for the 2019-2020 academic year is $19,800, which includes textbooks and additional academic support.
- Tuition payments must be received by St Joseph High school in compliance with the payment option designated in the tuition agreement.
- Proof of legal guardianship (for example, a letter from parents) must be provided to the Director of Enrollment Management, Jessica Costa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Current medical and immunization records must be in compliance with CT State standards after review from our school nurse, Dorothy Miller (203) 378-9378 x307 or email@example.com. According to Connecticut State Requirements, immunization records must be received before the first day of school and a physical exam must be completed in the US and submitted within 30 days of enrollment.
- After the student is enrolled (meaning payment received), St Joseph High School will issue an I-20 directly to the student. Contact Ms Jessica Costa (firstname.lastname@example.org) for all matters concerning I-20s.
- All international students will attend the first day of Orientation before school begins (regardless of school year) in order to take placement tests for necessary subjects.
- All students are required to purchase uniforms through Blakes School Uniform and bring an iPad for their first day of school.