Class of 2025
Current 8th Graders
The Class of 2025 application is now open! 8th graders are encouraged to begin visiting campus to learn more about opportunities offered at SJ! Click below for more information.
Class of 2025 Application Checklist
Rolling Admission is happening now!
Step 1: Complete and Submit Your Online Application.
- Application Fee: $50 (includes the exam if taken at St Joes)
- Your online application requires an essay (Tip: Write your essay in a word document and copy and paste it into your application to catch any errors! See the Admission Team’s essay outline and best practices below)
Step 2: Submit Math and English Teacher Recommendation Forms
- Math and English teacher recommendation forms can be sent electronically by entering your teacher’s email address in your online application.
- A PDF recommendation form may also be found here. (Tip: 8th grade teacher recommendations are preferred, use your first few weeks at school to make a positive impression!)
Step 3: Send Your 7th and 8th Grade Report Cards to St Joes
- Submit a records release form to your middle school records office to give permission for your 7th and 8th grade report cards and standardized test scores to be sent to SJ (form within online application or PDF located here).
Step 4: Take Your High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- All new students must take an entrance exam. If you apply to St Joes, your application fee includes the entrance exam taken at SJ ($50).
- The exam is a one-time test. Test takers can send their results to the Diocesan high schools to which they are applying.
- Exam registration can be found here.
- Last Exam: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at 3:30pm (VIRTUAL)
- Click here or contact the Admissions Team to learn more at 203-378-9378 ext 452.
- The 2021-2022 Financial Aid application will be made available starting October 1, 2020
- To complete your FACTS application, 2019 Tax Documents must be submitted via your online FACTS application.
- Applications received after the deadline are not guaranteed financial aid and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Step 6: Decision Letters will be mailed in mid-December (for applications submitted by Nov 17. Scholarship, Financial Aid (if applicable) and Placement information will be included in this package. Applications submitted for rolling admission are reviewed in the order they are received.
Step 7: Submit your Enrollment Deposit. Save your seat in the Class of 2025 by submitting your registration confirmation fee of $1,000 and enrollment contract by deadline (February 3, 2021)