The High School Entrance Exam (HSPT) is required of all freshmen applicants. Transfer students do not have to take the exam. When you take the entrance exam at St Joes we will include the application and exam fee in one cost ($50).
About the High School Placement Test
St. Joseph High School receives student applications from over 75 middle schools! Entrance Exam scores are used as a uniform measurement for all applicants to assist with admission review, scholarship selection, and curriculum placement.
Test Dates, Registration and Fee
If you have applied to St. Joes, you've already paid to take your exam at SJ! Sign up to take your Entrance Exam (High School Placement Test) at St. Joseph High School on Tuesday, December 13, 2022 from 3:00pm-6:30pm.
- Exam Fee: If you have applied to St. Joes, your application fee covers the cost of the Entrance Exam. If you choose not to apply to St. Joes by the date of your test, you will be charged a $50 fee for the exam.
- Apply: Submit your application before your test date! To access the application click here.
HSPT QUICK FACTS
- The test is approximately 3.5 hours long (with scheduled breaks). Students with approved extended time, will have time and a half to complete the exam.
- There are five sections on the HSPT exam: Quantitative Skills that consists of 52 questions, Verbal Skills with 60 questions, Reading that consists of 62 questions, Mathematics with 64 questions, and Language that consists of 60 questions.
- The HSPT exam consists of roughly 300 questions which are all multiple-choice. Each question is given three or four answers. There is also a short writing prompt for St. Joseph High School.
- Calculators are not allowed to be used on the HSPT exam.
- Students do not "pass" or "fail" the exam, but are given grade level equivalency and skill level scores.