Please note: The Entrance Exam is required of all freshman applicants (Class of 2025) for the school year 2021-2022 and will take place in person, on campus. Our exam proctor plan has been created with careful attention to executive orders, Center for Disease Control (CDC), State of Connecticut Office of the Governor and the Town of Trumbull Department of Health guidelines. The health and safety of our visitors and community is of paramount importance. Should new guidelines dictate a closure, our exam will take place online.
The High School Entrance Exam (HSPT) is required of all Freshmen applicants. Transfer students do not have to take the exam. When you take the entrance exam at St Joes we will include the application and exam fee in one cost ($50)
Send Your Scores:
- The entrance exam is a one-time test and you can take the exam at any high school within the Diocese of Bridgeport, including St Joes.
- At the beginning of the exam, students can select schools to receive their results. The student can send their final exam score to their top 3 Diocesan high schools where they wish to apply.
- 8th graders applying for freshmen year only take the exam once.
Entrance Exam Dates 2020-2021:
- Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 7:30am (On Campus)
- Saturday, October 31, 2020 at 7:30am (On Campus)
- Saturday, November 14, 2020 at 7:30am (On Campus)
- Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at 3:30pm (Virtual)
- Spring date for Rolling Admission applicants TBD
Testing Accommodations (for first and second exams only)
- Students are able to receive extended time for the entrance exam upon receipt and review of official paperwork/testing documentation that grants the student this accommodation such as an IEP or 504.
- Paperwork must be received at least one week prior to the exam date.
- Extended time will be available for all testing dates, on campus or virtual.