Congratulations Class of 2022!
You're officially St Joes Cadets, welcome to the family! This page is your "one-stop-shop" for all you need to know as new students entering St Joseph High School. Below is a checklist for you to follow as you prepare for your first day at SJ!
As always don't hesitate to contact the Admissions office at (203) 378-9378 x308 if you have any further questions!
- Save These Dates
- Finalize Your Tuition Agreement
- Send Your Student Records
- Review Your Class Schedule
- Complete Your Summer Reading Assignment & Learn More About Summer Programs
- Order Your iPad (If You Do Not Already Own One) & Set Up Your Accounts
- Sign Up For SJ Bus Transportation Or Carpool2School (Optional)
- Review Dress Code & Purchase Your Uniform
- Start Your Service Hours
- Get Connected & Involved
- New Student Day - Aug 29 (Freshmen and Transfer Students)
- Freshmen/Sophomore First Day - Aug 30
- Junior/Senior First Day - Aug 31
- First Full Day for All Students - Sept 4
- See the full school calendar for highlighted fall events
1. Release of Records: Upon the successful completion of your current grade, all medical forms and final transcripts must be released from your current school to St Joseph High School. Please see the release form below that you submit to your current middle school in order for these documents to be released. If these forms are not received by the start of the new school year, the new student may not start classes. Also, the Admissions Office reviews all final transcripts and reserves the right to revoke an acceptance decision if a student is not in good standing or does not successfully complete their current school year.
2. Pupil Information: We take great pride in making sure our students and their parents are always notified with any school updates, closings, etc. In order for us to keep our database updated, parents must complete and return the Pupil Information Form that is distributed at the May Orientation. This form must be returned before the start of school due to the important background and contact information for our school office. Please return your form to the main office at St Joseph High School.
- To receive a copy of your personal Pupil Information Form, please contact Mrs Lucy at 203-378-9378 ext 455.
3. Health Assessment Record: Please return the Health Assessment Record Form (distributed at orientation) to the school nurse. The information must be from a physical dated between June 1, 2018 - April 30, 2019. If you are planning on playing a fall sport, the physical must be completed at least one year in advance.
Freshmen Schedules: All schedules are tentative until the start of school due to any course/faculty changes, placement exam results, and summer course completion. If you have any questions before the first day of school, please contact the Admissions Office. Guidance counselor assignments will be communicated in August.
Placement Exams (Math and World Language): The placement exams are not mandatory. These exams are administered to students who wish to opt-in to taking one or both of these exams to be considered for placement (higher than level 1) in these subjects. All students will be notified of their placement shortly after taking an exam. To register, please continue below.
2018 Dates and Times:
World Language: June 14 or 16 at 10:30am-12pm
- The World Language exam serves incoming freshmen who wish to be placed into a level higher than Level 1 for Spanish, Italian, French or Mandarin. Any student with previous World Language instruction, can register for this exam.
Math: June 14 or 16 at 9am-10:20am
- The Math exam serves incoming freshmen who have taken at least one full year of Algebra or Geometry in 8th grade. Students with either Algebra or Geometry noted on their 8th grade report card will be emailed registration information for the exam and further instructions. Click Here for a Math Exam Outline.
2. Summer Programs
The St Joseph High School Summer Institute is the showcase of summer camps, courses and activities hosted on campus for all ages. Get a jump start by taking some summer courses and meeting some new classmates! Click here to access our summer programs information and registration.
3. Summer Sports Camps
SJHS is a 1:1 iPad environment, where every student owns and operates an iPad. It is used for assignments, research and more! Our faculty are well-trained in using the iPad in the classroom and students are expected to complete and submit electronic assignments, even on snow days!
iPad Ordering Information:
Recommended Model: Apple iPad 6th Generation 32 GB & Wi-Fi
All students are required to purchase an iPad to have in-hand by the first day of school (the cost is not included in tuition). If you already own an iPad, you do not have to purchase a new one but please ensure that there is ample storage on the device.
Set Up Your Accounts SJ Tech Accounts:
Click here to access your iPad set up information.
Meraki iPad Set Up
Plus Portal is an important resource for all students and parents. New and transfer students/parents will receive an email with activation, log-in name and password instructions at the start of the school year.
Students use it for:
Clubs and Activities Updates
Parents use it for:
Grade and Report Card Posting
School Event Information
Teacher Contact and Communication Information
Uniforms: All students are required to be in full uniform for the start of school. The uniform can be purchased at Blake's School Uniform in Stratford, CT.
Click here to download: Dress Code Requirement for St Joseph High School
Community Service: At St Joes, community service is a big part of our mission. Each class year has to earn a certain amount of community service hours that are approved by the Coordinator for Student Service. The freshmen class must ascertain a minimum of 15 hours of community service.
You can start your community service hours NOW!
All projects and hours must be pre-approved by the Coordinator for Student Service. Please read the requirements below as well as approved community service projects found here.
Clubs and Activities:
Check out this list of Clubs and Activities so you can get involved when you enter as a freshmen!
Click here to view our sports by season. We will notify you of fall sport try-outs when the information is available.
There are many ways where you can keep up with the latest information about St Joes!
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- See us on Instragram
- Watch our Youtube Channel
- Check out pictures of all the happenings at St Joes on our SmugMug page!
Get to know our faculty and staff before you enter our school halls in August! Check out the Faculty and Staff Directory with bios and information about our teachers and staff!