Visit SJ: Events, Tours & Shadows
The best way to learn about St Joes, is to see it for yourself! We offer plenty of ways to visit our school including our popular shadow visits and Open Houses. Explore the information below and plan for your visit to our home. We can't wait to meet you!
Admission events are a great way to experience St Joes! In order to make your experience as memorable as possible, we ask for registration for events. Please see below for more information and registration.
We are happy to provide activity vouchers for prospective students for athletic events, fine art productions, and more. For questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Admissions Information Session: September 24 (6:30pm-8:00pm)
- Fall Open House: October 14 (1:00pm-4:00pm)
- Entrance Exam Prep Course (2-Day): October 19 & 20
- Entrance Exams: October 27 & November 10 (7:30am-12:00pm)
- Winter Open House: December 5 (6:30pm-8:00pm)
- Accepted Students Night: January 9, 2019 (6:30pm-8:30pm)
- Scholarship Reception: January 16, 2019
- Spring Open House: April 3, 2019 (6:30pm-8:00pm)
- Spring Admissions Information Session: May 23, 2019 (6:30pm-8:00pm)
Whether you are trying to enhance your acceptability, qualify for scholarships, or improve your standing in select programs, a strong performance on the high school placement test will make the difference. Learning some test taking strategies and reviewing those skills the test focuses on is the best way to prepare for the exam.
During this one weekend course, we help you build the skills, the confidence, and the stamina you need to achieve your best. This course is taught by freshmen teachers who have strong knowledge of the strengths of local schools.Each class is limited to 25 students.
Fall 2018 Course Information & Registration
2018 Two-Day Course: Friday, October 19 from 6:00pm-9:00pm and Saturday, October 20 from 9:00pm - 1:00pm (Students attend both days)
- The course cost is $300 (includes a textbook and complimentary t-shirt).
- Online Registration form is below (goes live August 2018). The course is first come, first serve. If the class becomes full, we will start a wait list.
- The Course Covers: Basic Math & Algebra, Analogies, Averaging, Exponents, Graphs & Measurements, Fractions & Square Roots, Percents and Ratios Critical Reading, Grammar, Creative Writing, Verbal Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Testing strategies
The High School Entrance Exam (HSPT) is required of all Freshmen applicants. Transfer students do not have to take the entrance exam. Take the entrance exam at St Joes, we will include the application and exam fee in one cost ($50).
Send Your Scores: The entrance exam is now a one-time test and you can take the exam at any high school within the Diocese of Bridgeport, including St Joes. The student elects the schools to receive the results at the beginning of the exam. 8th graders applying for freshmen year only take the exam once. The student can send their final exam score to their top 3 Diocesan high schools where they wish to apply.
Entrance Exam Dates 2018-2019:
- First Exam: Saturday October 27, 2018 at 7:30am.
- Second Exam: Saturday November 10, 2018 at 7:30am.
- Third Exam: TBD
Testing Accommodations (for first and second exams only): Students are able to receive extended time for the entrance exam upon receipt and review of official paperwork/testing documentation that grants the student this accommodation. Paperwork must be received at least one week prior to the exam date. (Extended time is not allowed for the third exam).
All test takers must be pre-registered in advance. The 2018-19 Entrance Exam Registration will be available after August 1, 2018.
Winter Open House is the perfect opportunity to meet our faculty, staff and students, especially as our school is transformed into a winter wonderland for the holidays!
Registration will open in late October.
This is a special event celebrating our accepted students and their parents! We invite the future Class of 2023 and their families to enjoy a night filled with entertainment, excitement and SJ pride! Invitations will be sent in acceptance packages for the Class of 2023 and registration will open in December.
Start your high school search at St Joes! If you are in grades 5-8 or a transfer student, save the date for Spring Open House on April 3! This year's event will even feature formal academic presentations, tours and the opportunity to meet one on one with our faculty and students. Registration opens in January.
Shadow Visit: Cadet for a Day
Interested new students (7th, 8th graders and transfer students) are encouraged to spend a day at St Joseph High School. You will attend classes with an SJ student and meet some of our faculty. Students will be given a voucher for lunch on the day of their visit. Parents must call to schedule (pending availability) these visits at least one week in advance by contacting Mrs Lucy in the Admissions Office at (203) 378-9378 x455 or email@example.com.
- Shadow days (8th graders and transfer students) begin October 1, 2018 and continue until May 1, 2019.
- Shadow scheduling opens July 2, 2018 (please call in advance to schedule your appointment)
- 7th grade students may spend a day at St Joseph High School from March 1, 2019 through May 1, 2019. (Scheduling opens in January 2019).
Campus Visits & Tours
School tours can be scheduled through the Admissions Office at 203-378-9378 ext 308 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include “School Tour” in the email subject line. You will receive a reply within 48 hours.
- Tours are conducted between the hours of 8:00am and 1:00pm when classes are in session.
- After-school tours are also available but are not recommended as it is difficult to get an accurate sense of the school without the students and faculty present.