Visit SJ: Events, Tours & Shadows
The best way to learn about St Joes, is to see it for yourself! We offer plenty of ways to visit our school including our popular shadow visits and Open Houses. Explore the information below and plan for your visit to our home. We can't wait to meet you!
Admission events are a great way to experience St Joes! In order to make your experience as memorable as possible, we ask for registration for events.
We are happy to provide activity vouchers for prospective students for athletic events, fine art productions, and more. For questions, please email us at email@example.com.
- Fall Open House: October 6, 2019 from 1:00-4:00pm
- Entrance Exam Prep Course (October 18-19, 2019)
- Entrance Exam (Oct 26 or Nov 9)
- Winter Open House: December 4, 2019 from 6:30-8:00pm
- Spring Open House: April 1, 2020 from 6:30-8:00pm
- Admissions Information Session: May 21, 2020 from 6:30-8:00pm
During this one weekend course, we help you build the skills, the confidence, and the stamina you need to achieve your best exam score. This course is taught by freshmen teachers who have strong knowledge of the strengths of local schools.
2019 Two-Day Course: Friday, October 18 (6:00pm-9:00pm) and Saturday, October 19 (9:00am-1:00pm)
- The course cost is $300 (includes a textbook and complimentary t-shirt). Each class is limited to 25 students.
- The online registration form will go live on August 14, 2019 at 12:30pm. The course is first come, first serve. If the class becomes full, we will add your name to a wait list.
- The Course Covers: Basic Math & Algebra, Analogies, Averaging, Exponents, Graphs & Measurements, Fractions & Square Roots, Percents and Ratios Critical Reading, Grammar, Creative Writing, Verbal Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Testing strategies
The High School Entrance Exam (HSPT) is required of all Freshmen applicants. Students may only take the exam once.
Transfer students do not have to take the exam.
When you take the entrance exam at St Joes we will include the application and exam fee in one cost ($50).
Shadow Visit: Cadet for a Day
Interested new students (7th, 8th graders and transfer students) are encouraged to spend a day at St Joseph High School. You will attend classes with an SJ student and meet our faculty. Students will be given a voucher for lunch on the day of their visit.
- Shadow days (8th graders and transfer students) begin October 1, 2019 and continue through May 2020.
- Shadow scheduling reopens for the future Class of 2024 on July 1, 2019. Shadow days will begin on October 1, 2019.
- 7th grade students may spend a day at St Joseph High School from March 2, 2020 through May 1, 2020. (Scheduling opens in January 2020).
To request a shadow date, please complete the form below or contact Mrs Lucy in the Admissions Office at (203) 378-9378 x455 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Visits & Tours
School tours can be scheduled through the Admissions Office at 203-378-9378 ext 308 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Please include “School Tour” in the email subject line. You will receive a reply within 48 hours.
- Tours are conducted between the hours of 8:00am and 1:00pm when classes are in session.
- After-school tours are also available but are not recommended as it is difficult to get an accurate sense of the school without the students and faculty present.