All parents of student-athletes at St Joseph High School are encouraged to become active members of the Athletic Association.
The mission of the Athletic Association is:
- To enable anyone associated with athletics at St Joseph High School to participate in the development of athletic programs and facilities; a strong family atmosphere among teammates, parents and fans; and the well-rounded student-athlete
- To participate in year-round activities which include school functions, team functions, game-day concessions, facilities planning, team support and occasional fundraising
- To create an atmosphere where all sports, teams and student-athletes are included as important contributors to the overall athletic program
- To raise money that will be used strictly towards enhancing the overall experience of each student-athlete at St Joseph High School (ex: providing in-season pizza parties, subsidizing the players' costs for banquets, equipment and supplies)
Each athletic team will have a representative who will serve as a link between the St Joseph Athletic Association, coaches, parents, and players.
Duties of the Team Liaison include:
- Provide information to the coaches, parents and players regarding the Athletic Association
- Arrange for volunteers to work game-day concessions, attend Athletic Association events/activities, provide field/equipment needs (ex: stringing lacrosse goal nets, putting up screens/netting on fields, offering professional services)
- Assist in planning team events (ex: Senior Night, end-of-season banquet, game-day concessions, pizza parties, team pictures)
- Attend monthly meetings of the Athletic Association (in season and out)
- To become a team liaison contact Kevin Butler at email@example.com