Senior Info & Commencement
Commencement for the Class of 2021 is scheduled for Saturday, June 5, 2021!
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, commencement activities may be delayed.
We will post updates as soon as we have them.
CLASS DAY ASSEMBLY: June 3, 2021
Class Day is a St Joe's tradition that gathers the entire school to celebrate our Seniors. Academic awards and scholarships are also announced!
- Seniors must arrive no later than 7:55AM to homeroom wearing gowns, no caps.
BACCALAUREATE MASS: June 3, 2021 | 7PM
St Joe's Baccalaureate Mass is offered in thanksgiving for the blessings God has bestowed upon our graduates and their families. Memorial Scholarships are also awarded.
Seniors should arrive no later than 6:45PM wearing their gowns but no caps.
- Location: St Theresa's Church, Trumbull
COMMENCEMENT: June 5, 2021 | 10AM
Commencement is scheduled to be held on Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 10:00AM.
The moment we've all been waiting for!
- Seniors should arrive no later than 9:00AM
- No adornments of any kind are allowed on caps or gowns.
- Weather permitting, Commencement will take place on St Joe's campus.
- In the event of inclement weather, you will be notified through our phone notification system.
SENIOR MASS & HOMECOMING ASSEMBLY:
Update: Senior Homecoming speeches were given on March 30, 2021. Many thanks to Syndey Leifer '21, John Carraro '11 and Mr. Weiss for their speeches! The Senior Mass & Homecoming Assembly, originally scheduled to take place on November 6, 2020, was postponed due to the CT and CDC guidelines.
Senior Mass & Homecoming is our first senior-focused event of the year! Sydney Leifer, Class President, has been overseeing all the aspects of the assembly and will be the Master of Ceremonies this year!
During the day, Seniors gathered in the Auditorium for Mass, followed by a special lunch in the gym.
Due to social distancing guidelines, parents will not be allowed to join us this year. But please know the event will be taped so families can come together at home and view it. We look forward to celebrating the Class of 2021!
At 1:00pm, seniors will process by homeroom into the assembly.
- Seniors are asked to wear business attire; a suit, or jacket and tie for the gentlemen and an appropriate outfit for the ladies, slacks, skirts, or dresses.
- Attire is not evening attire and must be modest in length for our young ladies.
Video & Photography
Photography at Commencement:
- For the safety of our graduates, families are not allowed to be up close to the stage to take photographs.
- Former SJ faculty member, Vic Eng, will be taking photographs during the event. Those photos will be available to view on SJ's Smug Mug page.
Live Stream of Commencement
- We will be sure to stream the event for those family members or friends who cannot attend the ceremony. More information will be posted as the date draws near.
For Commencement 2021, St Joes will partner with a videographer to provide our families with a digital link of our commencement activities!
More information will be available as the date draws near.
Yearbooks are included as part of a Senior's graduation fee .
Distribution of Yearbooks typically occurs during Last Bell, which is scheduled to be held on May 26, 2021.
Cap & Gown Distribution
Cap and Gown distribution typically takes place during Graduation practice which is tentatively scheduled for the week of June 1, 2021
Additional Senior Activities
Senior Prom - May 6, 2021
- Senior Prom will take place on Thursday, May 6, likely from 6:30PM-11:00PM
- Location: TBA
- Dress Code:
- For Males: A tuxedo or suit and appropriate footwear is expected.
- For Females: A formal dress which has a length between mid-thigh to floor is expect. Necklines and backs should be modest. No side or front cut-outs are allowed. Midriffs must be covered and slits (side, front, and/or back) are only acceptable up to the knee.
- Should you have any questions about your desired outfit, feel free to show any class advisor a photo of the outfit in question.
Legacy Mass - May 16, 2021
- The Legacy Mass is a special event for seniors who have an alumni parent(s). We want to celebrate your family's legacy!
Mass begins at 8:45AM. Additional information to come soon!
Senior Spirit Week - May 24-26, 2021
- A Spirit Week to celebrate the last few days of school for the Class of 2021!
- Additional information to come!
Last Bell Assembly - May 26, 2021
- Last Bell Assembly, Alumni Induction, and Yearbook Distribution
- Scheduled for May 26, 2021, likely to be held in the gymnaisum.
- Parents do not attend this event. It is only for our students.
Senior Outing - June 1, 2021
- Location and registration link to be announced!
Senior Picinic - Friday, June 4
- The Senior Picnic is a special event hosted by the Alumni Office! Games, food, and fun!
- This event will take place on the outdoor fields.
- Parents do not attend this event.