Be AMBitious. become exceptional.
The Futures Internship Program is an opportunity for students to enhance their learning by exploring their career interests outside of the traditional classroom. The goal of the program is for students to gain experience in their desired fields and obtain a favorable referral or recommendation from their site that will assist in procuring future internships.
Students participate in a 3-week, unpaid internship during the last few weeks of the academic year.
- Internships consist of 20-25 hours per week according to the schedule determined by the site supervisor and the student.
- Students are matched with available internships in their skill and interest areas.
- Sites may request to interview students.
- Students may also self-design their own internship and apply for approval.
- Students will work with a faculty mentor, in addition to their site supervisor, to track progress. Students must submit a one page reflection paper and an activity log each week.
- Students will receive .25 credit on their final transcript upon completion of the internship.
- Students will complete a final reflection project to present during the Internship Fair at the end of May.
Site Supervisor Responsibilities:
Provide a meaningful learning opportunity for interns comprised of activities such as:
- Assisting professionals as they perform specialized tasks
- Attending in-house and/or on-site meetings
- Observing and aiding with project planning and execution
- Collaborating with professionals on projects using relevant software
- Experiences that provide exposure to multiple aspects of the career field
- Sign off on weekly timesheets with performance feedback.
- Stay in contact with the faculty mentor for progress monitoring.
- Complete a letter of recommendation for the intern at the end of the program.
Information on the FUTURES Class of 2021-22 will be provided soon by the College & School Counseling Office!
Please download, print, and submit the Parent Consent Form