FITNESS FOR LIFE
Fitness for Life is offered to freshman students and focuses on safety in and introduces students to basic movement patterns and sports. In addition, sophomores have the option to take the “Intro to Health and Wellness” elective as a half semester course, which dives further into strength and conditioning, program design, nutrition and overall health.
Meet the Director
Alisha Thresher | (203) 378-9378 x320 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Thresher earned her MS in Exercise Science at the California University of Pennsylvania, with a focus on Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation. She also holds a BS in Athletic Training and Sports Nutrition from Southern Maine University.
Mrs Thresher's experience ranges from coaching young mothers who want to lose “baby weight” to training soldiers for the Special Forces’ Ranger School, to readying units preparing for combat deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.
Previously, Mrs Thresher served as the Director of Health and Wellness at the Woodruff Family YMCA in Milford, CT.
When not teaching or training others, Mrs Thresher plays soccer (Southern Maine Huskies), runs marathons, and has an ironman triathlon to her credit. She has recently graduated to Crossfit competitions and trains with Crossfit Milford.
Health & Wellness Center Schedule & Rules
- Monday-Friday 6:30AM-5:30PM
- Monday-Friday 7AM-2PM
- The Health & Wellness Center is open every period with the exception of Period X.
- Students may sign out of their study to utilize the Health & Wellness center
- Students must change into appropriate attire prior to entry
- Classes have first priority.
- During afterschool hours, usage may be limited to the Cardio Room as the Strength Floor may be in use by teams.
- The center is closed on the weekends unless a coach accompanies students.
- During school vacations, hours may be limited.
- The Health & Wellness Center is closed on all religious and national holidays.
Fall Sports In-Season Lifting
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri: 2:30-3:00pm
Boys Ice Hockey and Boys/Girls Lacrosse:
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 3:00pm-4:00pm
Boys and Girls Basketball:
- Tues, Wed, Thurs: 4:00pm-5:00pm
Please Note: This will be the schedule going forward until Winter Sports begin
All St Joes students are encouraged to understand the role proper nutrition plays in their overall health and wellness.
Click here to view a flyer with nutritional information. Should you have any nutrition inquiries, please reach out to Ms Thresher.