Be a Learner. Become a Critical Thinker.
From your first day at St Joes, your path is focused on college preparatory academics. We hope you'll use some of the resources below as you progress through your years at St Joes.
ONLINE RESEARCH RESOURCES
To see the list of passwords for home access, join the St Joseph High School O'keefe Library Media Center Google Classroom page or or click here to see them in a document.
- You must be logged in to Google with your SJ email account to be able read the username and password list.
- (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) Only people with an sjcadets.org email address can read this document.
- To see additional library resources go to Google Classroom for the St Joseph High School O'Keefe Library Media Center page. Click + to join a class. Use class code nqwe5q7 to access the library's Google Classroom page.
- Academic Search Premier (ResearchIT CT Database)
- Access Science
- American Government (ABC-CLIO)
- American History
- Biography Reference Bank (ResearchIT CT Database)
- Biography Reference Center (ResearchIT CT Database)
- Bloom's Literature
- Classroom Video on Demand
- Columbia Grangers World of Poetry Online
- Connecticut History
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Explora for High School (ResearchIT CT Database)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (eBooks)
- Grove Art
- Grove Music
- History Reference Center (ResearchIT CT Database)
- Issues and Controversies (Facts on File)
- Legal Information Reference Center (ResearchIT CT Database)
- Literature Criticism
- Literature Resource Center
- MagillOnLiterature Plus (ResearchIT CT Database)
- MainFile (ResearchIT CT Database)
- Medicine and Health
- Modern World History
- Online Magazines (ResearchIT CT Database)
- Online Newspapers (ResearchIT CT Database)
- Oxford Biblical Studies
- ResearchIT CT (formerly iConn)
- Salem eBooks
- Science Reference Center (ResearchIT CT Database)
- SIRS Researcher
- World News Digest (Facts on File)
- World Religions Online
SJHS Destiny Catalog
Destiny Catalogue is a search engine designed to engage students by helping them easily locate appropriate library materials that meet their classroom needs and personal interests. Click here to access the Catalog.
Noodle Tools is an integrated tool for note-taking, outlining, citation, document archiving/annotation, and collaborative research and writing. Please see the O’Keefe Media Center PlusPortals page or library staff for access information
The library collection includes hundreds of ebooks. All ebooks are accessible in school by searching the Destiny online catalog. For home access of ebooks please consult these links:
iPad Apps for Reading and Research