Our Class of 2026 Freshman Seminar class provides a well-rounded orientation for incoming students to ease the transition to high school both academically and socially! This one-week onboarding program will feature a full day of courses and activities (see below for details and registration). Freshman Seminar is a great opportunity for student's to get familiar with SJ, meet faculty, current student's and classmates in preparation for their first day!
Dates: August 22-August 26 | 8:00am-1:30pm
Cost: $100 (Includes Lunch)
Register Via Form Below (Registration closes on Friday, August 19)
- Math Preparation and Review for Algebra I or Geometry
- Study and Organization Skills
- Analytical Writing Overview and Essay Expectation Preparation
- Introduction to Science
- Introduction to World History
- Student Ambassador Led Campus-Wide Scavenger Hunt
- Bring Your Own Device and Student Account Set Up
- Workshops with your College & School Counselor
- Service Project with our Theology Department - Earn 1 hour of service!
Students must bring their own electronic learning device to the Freshman Seminar course as well as a notebook and pencil.
Students should log into their SJ email account to ensure they can access faculty emails sent to them and google classroom codes.
Please note, if a student chooses to bring a water bottle, it must be labeled. No other beverages or food items are allowed to be consumed in the academic wing.
Students do not need to wear a uniform to summer courses, though modesty standards still apply to all school attire.
Students may not wear short shorts or crop tops. Student who do not adhere to these modesty standards may be dismissed or be asked to change.
Students should arrive to the front of the school to check in by 7:50am.
Check in will take place in the lobby.
Faculty and staff will guide students to their classrooms on the first day.
Students will be dismissed through the front lobby for pick up at 1:30pm.
Daily lunch will be provided by SJ for Freshman Seminar course attendees. Please note, our catering program will not yet be at operating full capacity with the range of options offered during the school year, yet multiple lunch options will be available during the course. If you have dietary restrictions, we recommend planning to bring an item from home.
Course Notes & Considerations:
- Daily lunch will be provided by SJ for Freshman Seminar Course attendees. Please note, our catering program will not yet be operating at full capacity with the range of options offered during the school year. If you have dietary restrictions, we recommend planning to bring an item from home.
- Students considering try outs for fall athletics may have schedule overlap. Our Curriculum team and Athletic team are in close communication regarding try out and practice times. Since this is an enrichment course, daily attendance is strongly encouraged, but not required.