We're looking for Class of 2019 Cadets who really love St Joes!
Health & Wellness
The creation of the 4,500 square foot, functional fitness center at St Joseph High School presents us with an opportunity to introduce a “Fitness for Life” program for our students.
“Fitness for Life” is offered to freshman students. The class focuses on safety in the Health & Wellness Center and introduces students to basic movement patterns and sports. In addition, sophomores will have the option to take the “Intro to Health and Wellness” elective as a half semester course. This class dives further into strength and conditioning, program design, nutrition and overall health.
The Center is staffed by Alisha Thresher, Director of Health and Wellness, who currently organizes a variety of instructional classes, and accommodates the needs of our forty-seven interscholastic teams.
Ms Thresher is available for all of our SJ Cadets! Appointments for nutritional coaching, personal training, sport specific conditioning, or general health and wellness inquiries can be made by contacting her.
- Health & Wellness Center Schedule & Rules
- Nutritional Information
- Exercise Schedule
- Meet the Director
- The Health & Wellness Center is open every period with the exception of Period X.
- Students may sign out of their study to utilize the Health & Wellness center
- Students must change into appropriate attire prior to entry
- Classes have first priority.
- During afterschool hours, usage may be limited to the Cardio Room as the Strength Floor may be in use by teams.
- The center is closed on the weekends unless a coach accompanies students.
- During school vacations, hours may be limited.
- The Health & Wellness Center is closed on all religious and national holidays.
All St Joes students are encouraged to understand the role proper nutrition plays in their overall health and wellness.
Click here to view a flyer with nutritional information. Should you have any nutrition inquiries, please reach out to Ms Thresher.
Nutritional counseling is also available for all faculty and staff members.
(203) 378-9378 x320
Mrs Thresher earned her MS in Exercise Science at the California University of Pennsylvania, with a focus on Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation. She also holds a BS in Athletic Training and Sports Nutrition from Southern Maine University.
Mrs Thresher's experience ranges from coaching young mothers who want to lose “baby weight” to training soldiers for the Special Forces’ Ranger School, to readying units preparing for combat deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.
Previously, Mrs Thresher served as the Director of Health and Wellness at the Woodruff Family YMCA in Milford, CT.
When not teaching or training others, Mrs Thresher plays soccer (Southern Maine Huskies), runs marathons, and has an ironman triathlon to her credit. She has recently graduated to Crossfit competitions and trains with Crossfit Milford.