Openings at St. Joseph High School for 2017-2018
- Mathematics Department Chair (full-time)
- World Languages Department Chair (full-time)
St. Joseph High School in Trumbull, CT seeks dynamic, experienced, professional educators with administrative experience to enhance our college preparatory program and to advance our Catholic values and mission during the 2017-2018 academic year. We seek insightful academic leaders to assume teaching responsibilities and department and curriculum oversight responsibilities that include department budget control, frequent teacher observations and a leadership role on the school’s Academic Council.State of Connecticut teacher/administrator certification and an MA degree in the given academic discipline are preferred.
If you wish to pursue these opportunities please submit a cover letter and a copy of your resume to Dr. James Keane at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator of Education Technology
Office of the Superintendent of Schools
Coordinator of Education Technology - Part-time (approx. 10 hours/week)
March 1, 2017
This part-time position will report to the Superintendent of Schools, he/she will be responsible for planning and arranging professional development; overseeing the student information system (report cards, web gradebook, parent portal); managing Office of the Superintendent web site, databases and intranet; supporting schools, administrators, and teachers with the effective integration of technology, developing a diocesan wide technology plan; and working with Diocesan IT Department for technology equipment and software.The Coordinator of Education Technology will stay up-to-date with best practices and will share resources with schools.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Technology, or a related technology/computer field from an accredited college or university.
- Connecticut State teaching certification preferred.
- Have at least three (3) years’ experience in working with students and educational staff in the field of educational technology.
- Knowledge of existing and emerging network management.
- Ability to articulate and communicate complex technology concepts effectively in non-technical terms.
- Demonstrate the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management information retrieval, visual and audio presentations, and telecommunications.
- Have the ability to assist teachers and administrators to integrate educational technology into the curriculum and the instructional programs in support of student achievement.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of instructional programs & strategies, curriculum development and program evaluation.
- Have the ability to manage website and various database programs.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
Please forward your letter of intent and resume to Dr. Steven Cheeseman, Superintendent of Schools at email@example.com (Office of the Superintendent of Schools).
Varsity Head Boys Soccer Coach
St Joseph High School is currently accepting cover letters and resumes for a Varsity Head Boys' Soccer coach. Please forward a cover letter and a resume to attention Kevin Butler, Assistant Principal of Athletics at firstname.lastname@example.org.