Health & Wellness Center
The Health & Wellness Center is open to all students throughout the day and after-school. Be sure to take advantage of this great resource!
H&W Center Schedule
During the School Year:
- Monday-Friday 6:30AM-5:30PM
- Students may sign out of their study to utilize the Health & Wellness center
- Students must change into appropriate attire prior to entry
- Classes have first priority.
- During after-school hours, usage may be limited to the Cardio Room as the Strength Floor may be in use by teams.
- The center is closed on the weekends unless a coach accompanies students.
- During school vacations, hours may be limited.
- The Health & Wellness Center is closed on all religious and national holidays.
Health & Wellness Center Hours During the Summer:
- Monday-Friday 7AM-2PM
All Students Must Adhere to the Rules of Conduct in the Health & Wellness Center.
- The Health & Wellness Center is not a social area or student common; you are here to work out.
- Cell phone conversations and photography are prohibited unless approved by the Director.
- For your safety, limit the use of hand-held devices. No devices are allowed on the lower strength floor.
- Keep all belongings in the locker room. No bags, books, coats, jackets, etc. are allowed in the Health & Wellness Center.
- No food allowed.
- Water is the only permitted beverage and must be in a closed container.
- Students are not permitted to use the stereo equipment.
- Students are not permitted during scheduled class times.
- Students must adhere to all special announcements, changes, procedures that go into effect throughout the year.
- All students must adhere to the St Joseph High School Student Code of Conduct.
All Students Must Adhere to the Exercise Rules in the Health & Wellness Center.
- Appropriate workout attire only. This includes: rubber soled, closed-toe athletic shoes (absolutely NO CLEATS). Shirts must be worn at all times.
- During peak hours, time on cardio equipment is limited to 30 minutes or less.
- Wipe down all machines after use, with approved cloths or spray bottles. DO NOT use wipes on weight lifting bars. Clean the bars with the wire brushes provided.
- Practice proper exercise form at all times. If you are unsure how to perform a certain movement please see the Director.
- Keep hands and feet away from all moving parts and weight stacks. All barbells must be used with weight clips when lifting. No purposeful dropping of equipment under any circumstance.
- Be considerate of other participant’s time. Share the equipment when resting.
- If you take it out, put it back. Failure to do so can result in discontinued use of the Health & Wellness Center.
- You must use a spotter when performing resistance training exercises.
- Students are not permitted to workout unsupervised at any time.
- ALL chalk messes must be cleaned up after your workout. Failure to do so may result in revocation of Health & Wellness Center privileges.
- All broken equipment should be reported to the Director immediately.
Meet Mrs. Thresher!
Mrs. Thresher is the Director of Health and Wellness. She organized a variety of instructional classes, accommodates the training and needs of our fifty interscholastic teams, and is happy to work one-on-one with students.
Mrs. Thresher earned her MS in Exercise Science at the California University of Pennsylvania, with a focus on Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation. She holds a BS in Athletic Training and Sports Nutrition from Southern Maine University.
Mrs. Thresher's experience ranges from coaching young mothers who want to lose “baby weight” to training soldiers for the Special Forces’ Ranger School, to readying units preparing for combat deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.