Health & Wellness Center
The Health & Wellness Center is open to all students throughout the day and after-school. Be sure to take advantage of this great resource!
H&W Center Schedule
During the School Year:
- Monday-Friday 6:30 AM - 5:30PM
- Students may sign out of their study to utilize the Health & Wellness center
- Students must change into appropriate attire prior to entry
- Classes have first priority.
- During after-school hours, usage may be limited to the Cardio Room as the Strength Floor may be in use by teams.
- The center is closed on the weekends unless a coach accompanies students.
- During school vacations, hours may be limited.
- The Health & Wellness Center is closed on all religious and national holidays.
Health & Wellness Center Hours During the Summer:
- Monday-Friday 7AM-12PM
All Students Must Adhere to the Rules of Conduct in the Health & Wellness Center.
- The Health & Wellness Center is not a social area or student common; you are here to work out.
- Cell phone conversations and photography are prohibited unless approved by the Director.
- For your safety, limit the use of hand-held devices. No devices are allowed on the lower strength floor.
- Keep all belongings in the locker room. No bags, books, coats, jackets, etc. are allowed in the Health & Wellness Center.
- No food allowed.
- Water is the only permitted beverage and must be in a closed container.
- Students are not permitted to use the stereo equipment.
- Students are not permitted during scheduled class times.
- Students must adhere to all special announcements, changes, procedures that go into effect throughout the year.
- All students must adhere to the St Joseph High School Student Code of Conduct.
All Students Must Adhere to the Exercise Rules in the Health & Wellness Center.
- Appropriate workout attire only. This includes: rubber soled, closed-toe athletic shoes (absolutely NO CLEATS). Shirts must be worn at all times.
- During peak hours, time on cardio equipment is limited to 30 minutes or less.
- Wipe down all machines after use, with approved cloths or spray bottles. DO NOT use wipes on weight lifting bars. Clean the bars with the wire brushes provided.
- Practice proper exercise form at all times. If you are unsure how to perform a certain movement please see the Director.
- Keep hands and feet away from all moving parts and weight stacks. All barbells must be used with weight clips when lifting. No purposeful dropping of equipment under any circumstance.
- Be considerate of other participant’s time. Share the equipment when resting.
- If you take it out, put it back. Failure to do so can result in discontinued use of the Health & Wellness Center.
- You must use a spotter when performing resistance training exercises.
- Students are not permitted to workout unsupervised at any time.
- ALL chalk messes must be cleaned up after your workout. Failure to do so may result in revocation of Health & Wellness Center privileges.
- All broken equipment should be reported to the Director immediately.