Senior Internship Program
The Senior Internship Program is an opportunity for you to enhance your learning by exploring your career interests outside of the traditional classroom. The goal of the program is for Seniors to gain experience in their desired fields and obtain a favorable referral or recommendation from their site that will assist in procuring future internships.
Students participate in a 3-week, unpaid internship during the last few weeks of the academic year.
- Internships consist of 20-25 hours per week according to the schedule determined by the site supervisor and the student.
- Students are matched with available internships in their skill and interest areas.
- Sites may request to interview students.
- Students may also self-design their own internship and apply for approval.
- Students will work with a faculty mentor, in addition to their site supervisor, to track progress. Students must submit a one page reflection paper and an activity log each week.
- Students will receive .25 credit on their final transcript upon completion of the internship.
- Students will complete a final reflection project to present during the Internship Fair at the end of May.
Site Supervisor Responsibilities:
Provide a meaningful learning opportunity for interns comprised of activities such as:
- Assisting professionals as they perform specialized tasks
- Attending in-house and/or on-site meetings
- Observing and aiding with project planning and execution
- Collaborating with professionals on projects using relevant software
- Experiences that provide exposure to multiple aspects of the career field
- Sign off on weekly timesheets with performance feedback.
- Stay in contact with the faculty mentor for progress monitoring.
- Complete a letter of recommendation for the intern at the end of the program.
ALUMNI WEBINAR SERIES
During the Covid-19 pandemic, our Senior Internship Program 2020 had to be cancelled. We are so grateful for the talented alumni and parents who came together to assist St Joes with a new Webinar series! While we plan to resume the internship program for the 2021-2022 year, we also plan on continuing with this great webinar series for all to enjoy!
Feel free to watch the videos below at your leisure and let us know if you would like to be featured as part of our Webinar Series. Email email@example.com for more information!
Information on the Senior Internship Class of 2022-23 will be provided soon by the College & School Counseling Office!
Please download, print, and submit the Parent Consent Form