Student Academic Center
A Center for Educational Empowerment
The Student Academic Center offers students the opportunity to understand themselves -- making the most of their strengths and learning preferences.
The Student Academic Center (SAC) has grown to become a sanctuary for educational empowerment. Through a variety of workshops, services, academic tutoring, and coaching, the SAC offers students the opportunity to understand themselves and the way they learn. They will make the most of their strengths, weaknesses, learning preferences, and the resources available to them.
All individual sessions, daily group sessions, and workshops reflect the diverse needs of all our students so that they may enter college and life equipped with the skill sets that drive academic promise, creative problem solving, self-advocacy, and confidence.
The SAC is located in OK3 in the Media Center.
SOMETHING FOR EVERY LEARNER
Maybe you're a student who struggles in a particular subject. Or perhaps you're an Honors student who has trouble organizing their thoughts on paper. Or maybe you're a student who has a bit of anxiety before testing and you simply want to learn a few mindfulness techniques. The Student Academic Center caters to all of our students and all of their academic needs.
- Tutoring from our National Honor Society (NHS) students and faculty members
- Math-specific tutoring
- Group Sessions
- Mondays: Priority List Sessions.
- Create Organizational priority lists to start your week off right (led by NHS tutors)
- Tuesdays: Deck Your Planner Sessions.
- Organize and customize your planner and google calendars (led by NHS tutors)
- Wednesdays: Study Buddy Sessions
- Study with an NHS tutor
- Wednesdays: AP & Honors Sessions
- Strategies, tips, and practice for our AP & Honor Students (led by Mrs Conetta)
- Thursdays: Cadets Communicate & Lead Sessions
- Communication and presentation coaching (led by NHS tutors)
- Fridays: Mindfulness and Academic Reflection Sessions
- Mindfulness exercises, meditation, and academic reflection (led by Mrs Conetta)
- Academic Support Initiative
- For those students with a 70 or less cumulative grade point average at the end of the quarter
- Bi-Monthly Workshops
- Offered to all students
- Alternative Assessment and Independent Work Location
- Math Tutoring with Mrs. Doyle
- Tuesdays - Thursdays, 2:15pm-4:00pm
- Contact Mrs Conetta at email@example.com.
- During the School Day
- Posted to the Google Classroom Page (code h46jmzf)
- After-School Hours (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Early Hours (Tuesdays, Thursday)
- Extended Hours (Tuesday, Thursday)
- Open until 4:00pm
- Extended after-school hours for individual tutoring and coaching