St Joseph High School - Director of Advancement
St Joseph High School is an independently-governed Catholic college preparatory community that educates and motivates young women and men to live purposeful lives as ethical leaders committed to the common good of all. The school strives to be the premier college preparatory school in southern Connecticut, providing a learning environment that embraces the Gospel values of the Roman Catholic faith and promotes a commitment to family and community.
True to its Catholic mission and its commitment to academic excellence, “St Joes” challenges students to develop moral responsibility and social purpose in this age of acceleration. St Joes emphasizes student-centered classrooms, project-based learning, global citizenship, and innovative thinking. The curriculum extends beyond the classroom to include a variety of extra-curricular workshops, immersion trips, summer programs, dual credit courses, virtual classrooms, as well as a nationally recognized athletic program.
Summary of Position:
The Director of Advancement will advance the strategic mission of St Joseph High School by building onto a strong and robust program of giving to the St Joseph Fund. This position manages a substantial portfolio of active prospects with top giving capacities for purposes of identifying and qualifying new prospects, cultivating, soliciting, and closing gifts as well as stewarding donors.
The Director monitors overall giving and is a member of the senior administrative team. The Director will collaborate with the Board of Directors, the President and other department heads at St Joes to support fundraising that helps the school fulfill its mission. The Director will act as the Advancement office liaison to the Board of Directors.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, planning, and management for the Advancement office
- Responsible for the Advancement budget, calendar, direct mail, and digital appeal efforts
- Advance annual giving program, growing support specifically from Parents and Alumni
- Target prospects with leadership potential; grow the culture of philanthropy at St Joseph High School
- Devise, execute, and monitor a strategy to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors (alumni, parents, parents of alumni, friends) to the St Joseph Fund with the goal of increasing dollars raised and the number of donors in St Joseph High School’s giving society levels, increase the visibility of giving societies; cultivate a strong pipeline of support
- Implement a rating system for donors and provide regular reports to President on status of the fundraising pipeline
- Maintain a robust portfolio of prospects; leverage face-to-face meetings, phone calls, emails, and other contact to build relationships and increase support from prospects
- Maintain oversight of entire giving program to ensure dollar and donor goals are met; work closely with Associate Director and Managers to drive participation and retention statistics for donors at all levels of support
- Work with the Advancement Committee including identifying, recruiting, and training new volunteers; empower volunteers to increase support for St Joseph High School
- Coordinate efforts on planned giving to ensure consistent communication about gift planning and to leverage non-traditional gifts as a means to meet fundraising goals
- Manage to plan and execute a stewardship program for donors including recognition of loyalty, leadership and volunteer service
- Work with the Advancement team to ensure coordinated, synchronized efforts during the solicitation and stewardship cycle
- Work collaboratively and creatively with the Communications staff to appropriately integrate messages in publications (i.e., the annual report and alumni news) as well as all other advancement print/digital materials
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned; travel required.
Supervision to be received: Reports to the President/Head of School
Supervision to be exercised: Associate Director of Advancement, Manager of Advancement Events and Volunteers, Manager of Advancement Services
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of education fundraising, alumni relations, sales or related experience
- Demonstrated experience in the management of a fundraising campaign preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; strong verbal and written skills
- Volunteer management skills
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding fundraising goals; excellent managerial skills, including at least 2 years of previous experience successfully managing development staff.
- Strong computer skills
- Command of Microsoft Office
- Experience using iWave or similar prospect research tools (i.e., Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud Target Analytics, WealthEnging, and Donor Search).
Other required experience and abilities:
- Willingness to engage with prospects and donors
- Ability to establish rapport and cultivate relationships with prospects and donors
- Be a genuine, invested and flexible team player
- Possess communication and consensus-building skills and excellent customer service
- Ability to manage and balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Driven to achieve goals
- Ability to analyze data and develop actions plans from the results
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a directed team effort
- Receptive to supervision and professional development
- Maintain a high level of discretion when dealing with sensitive information
- Understanding of and strong support for the faith-based mission of St Joseph High School
Send cover letter and resume to Dr William Fitzgerald, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The College & School Counseling office at St Joseph High School seeks a professional to work closely with the counseling staff and students with the college application process. This individual will be hands on, with careful attention to detail and have the ability to multitask. The position is a seasonal/part time position during the busy college application months.
Reports to: Director of College & School Counseling
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8AM–2:30PM, September–February
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with all students on the processing of their transcripts
- Processing transcript release forms
- Submitting transcripts to colleges through the Naviance system
- Documentation of all submissions in Naviance
- General knowledge of Naviance and College Admission Process
- Strong computer and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn standard office tasks readily and operate standard office machines
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with students and school employees
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi task
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Experience in an office setting, working with students.
Please send cover letter and resume to Tim Nash at email@example.com
Description: St Joseph High School (SJHS) seeks a dynamic, self-starter to perform a variety of functions in the library/media center. This position will assist the Director of Library Media in the operation of the media center and assist teachers and students in the full use of library services.
Reports to: Director of Library Media
Hours: Monday-Friday, 12PM – 5:30PM
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Operate computer system for circulating media center materials.
- Assist students with instructional tasks as needed
- Assist students with discharging books, headphones, chargers, or other equipment
- Staff circulation desk; supervise students studying in the Media Center
- Maintain and organize periodicals; shelve returned books; assist with inventory of all media center materials
- Receive telephone calls and walk-in patrons; provide information and assistance, or direct to appropriate staff member.
- Assist Director of Library Media with a variety of tasks, as needed.
General knowledge of the procedures, practices, and equipment of a school Media Center preferred
Knowledge of the Dewey Decimal system preferred
Ability to learn standard library tasks readily and operate standard office machines
Ability to establish effective working relationships with students and school employees.
- High School degree. Experience in an office setting, preferably in a school library, preferred.
- Position open until filled
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to Mary Ann Cerritelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this time, there are no available faculty positions.
- Head Varsity Wrestling Coach
- Assistant Field Hockey Coach
- Head Freshmen Football Coach
- Assistant Freshmen Football Coach
St Joseph High School is currently accepting cover letters and resumes for the open position of Head Varsity Wrestling Coach. Qualified candidates should have previous coaching and/or playing experience. Please send cover letter and resume to Assistant Principal for Athletics, Kevin Butler at email@example.com.
St Joseph High School is currently accepting cover letters and resumes for the open position of Assistant Field Hockey Coach. Qualified candidates should have previous coaching and/or playing experience. Please send cover letter and resume to Assistant Principal for Athletics, Kevin Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Joseph High School is currently accepting cover letters and resumes for the open position of Head Freshmen Football Coach. Qualified candidates should have previous coaching and/or playing experience. Please send cover letter and resume to Coach Della Vecchia at email@example.com and Assistant Principal for Athletics, Kevin Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Joseph High School is currently accepting cover letters and resumes for the open position of Assistant Freshmen Football Coach. Qualified candidates should have previous coaching and/or playing experience. Please send cover letter and resume to Coach Della Vecchia at email@example.com and Assistant Principal for Athletics, Kevin Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Joseph High School strives to be the premier college preparatory school in Southern Connecticut. The school provides a learning environment that embraces the Gospel values of the Roman Catholic faith and promotes a commitment to family and community.
The school prepares our young women and young men to realize their potential, helps them to excel in higher education, and provides a foundation to guide them throughout their lives.
St Joes hosts 2nd annual football clinic, in partnership with Tyler Matakevich '11 (Pittsburgh Steeler.