Prospective Families: our Fall Open House registration is currently full. However, there are a number of additional visit opportunities that will allow you to discover our great school! Registration for these events can be found at sjcadets.org/visit
Maroon & Gold Through the Years
- Building work begins on the new co-institutional school, run by the Marist Brothers and the School Sisters of Notre Dame.
- The new building at 2320 Huntington Turnpike opens, with Brother Joseph Kelly as Principal of the boys, and Sisters Alphonsine as Principal for the girls.
- PSATs make their first appearance at St Joseph High School, and the terrifying words ‘College Boards’ soon enter every Junior’s vocabulary.
- Somewhere in Shangri-la is the theme for the first Junior Ring Dance.
- St Joseph High School presents the first graduating class from both the girls and the boys schools.
- St Joseph High School ceases to be a co-institutional school, and becomes a co-educational facility. Brother Edward Caffrey is the first Principal to serve in this capacity. His warm smile and accessible personality are his legacy to the halls of the school.
- The first Director of Development is appointed.
- A faculty room and senior lounge are instituted, and become the favored spots on the first floor.
- In 1976, Monsignor Richard Shea is appointed Principal of St Joseph High School.
- St Joe's embarks during this decade on an ambitious schedule of expansion: a new school wing housing the Guidance Suite, an art room and additional teaching space is built, and the athletic complex is realized.
- With detail-oriented and gregarious Brother David in charge of Student Activities, St Joseph High School hosts a successful Walk-a-thon and the message of ‘Go for Joe’ is born.
- The Advisory Board of Directors for St Joseph High School is established.
- The adoption of the Principal/President model and appoints Richard Bishop as President, and Matthew Kenney, PhD as Principal.
- Five new science labs are opened in the school, providing expanded opportunities for both teaching and learning in Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Earth Sciences.
- Kenneth Mayo is appointed as Principal.
- A new Altar is dedicated in the Alumni Chapel, and the newly renovated and expanded fields, tennis courts and track are named the Dalling Sports Complex.
- William J Fitzgerald, MDiv, PhD is appointed as President.
- The commitment to 21st century learning continues with the installation of whiteboards in every classroom.
- St Joseph High School completes construction on the O'Keefe Academic Center, which adds 19,000 square feet of instructional and collaborative space for the St Joseph High School Community.
- St Joseph High School celebrates 50 years of continued excellence in Catholic education, with over 800 students enrolled, a wait list for all four classes, and an excited eye turned to the future.
- Dr James P Keane is appointed as Principal.
- Completion of the Wetlands & Nature Boardwalk in 2017
- Completion of the Health & Wellness Center in 2018
- In 2019, Mrs Nancy DiBuono was named the new Principal of St Joseph High School.
- Dr Fitzgerald retires as head of school on June 30th, 2020. As of July 1, 2020, David Klein is appointed the new Head of School.
St Joseph High School strives to be the premier college preparatory school in Southern Connecticut. The school provides a learning environment that embraces the Gospel values of the Roman Catholic faith and promotes a commitment to family and community.
The school prepares our young women and young men to realize their potential, helps them to excel in higher education, and provides a foundation to guide them throughout their lives.
How many miles can we walk between Oct 17 - Oct 25